Ohio Age Discrimination Attorney (ADEA)
Ohio Age Discrimination Attorney
Our Ohio age discrimination attorney is here to assist you in the event you are treated with hostility or otherwise discriminated against because of your age.
If you believe you were laid off or fired from your job due to your age, there are laws to protect you and our Ohio age discrimination attorney can help. It’s illegal for an employer to terminate an employee, or treat them differently from similarly situated employees, due to age. In fact, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) prohibits employers from discriminating against persons 40 years of age or older because of their age.
Age discrimination can come in many forms, including:
- Improperly laid off or fired in a corporate downsizing
- Getting passed up for an earned promotion
- Receiving less desirable assignments than younger coworkers
If you have suffered any of the preceding actions because of your age, contact our Ohio age discrimination attorney today.
Age Discrimination in a Reduction in Force (RIF)
Cases of age discrimination are difficult in the context of a reduction in force (RIF), but having an experienced attorney helps. Even though layoffs should be executed fairly, sometimes they are not. If an employee is terminated as the result of a RIF, to have a case the employee must prove they:
- Were a member of the protected class
- Suffered an adverse employment action
- Were qualified for the position
- Have direct, circumstantial, or statistical evidence indicating that the employer singled out the employee for discharge for impermissible reasons
Contact our Ohio Age Discrimination Attorney (ADEA) for a FREE consultation
If your employer is pressuring you to retire or you are being phased out of your job because of your age, contact an Ohio age discrimination attorney. In addition, if you believe you have been the subject of harassment or discrimination at work because of your age, then speak with an Ohio age discrimination attorney immediately. Call us for a free consultation at 1-614-949-1181.