Columbus Overtime Attorney | FLSA Lawyer
Columbus Overtime Attorney
Our Columbus overtime attorney will assist you with any issues resulting from your employer failing to pay you overtime wages properly.
If your employer owes you for unpaid wages or overtime, you may have a claim under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), entitling you to unpaid overtime wages, liquidated damages, and attorney’s fees. The FLSA requires that employers compensate non-exempt employees at least federal minimum wage and overtime compensation of one and one-half times their regular rate of pay for each hour worked over 40 in any workweek. If you work over 40 hours in any workweek and are not paid time-and-a-half your regular rate of pay for those hours, then you may have a claim for unpaid overtime wages.
Our Columbus Overtime Attorney is experienced in representing clients with pay issues. Some of the common unlawful practices that result in unpaid overtime our Ohio Overtime Attorney regularly sees include:
- Misclassifying an employee as exempt (paying the employee a salary) or as an independent contractor
- Improper overtime calculations
- Improper deductions, such as automatic meal period deductions
- “Comp time” policies, where private employers “bank” employees’ hours worked over 40 in a workweek instead of paying them overtime
- Applying hours worked over 40 in one workweek to another workweek
- Not compensating for work performed “off-the-clock,” such as travel or on-call
- Failing to pay employees for all of their compensable time
- Refusing to pay any overtime wages
- Limiting the amount of overtime the employer will pay
- Only paying employees straight time for all hours worked
The preceding is simply a list of some of the common issues we find in unpaid overtime cases that our Columbus overtime attorney handles for our clients.
Contact our Columbus Overtime Attorney (FLSA) for a FREE consultation
If you are working over 40 hours in any workweek and you are not being compensated at 1.5 times your regular rate of pay as the overtime premium for those hours, then our Columbus Overtime Attorney wants to speak with you. Our Columbus overtime attorney is here to provide a free consultation at 1-614-949-1181 and will answer any questions you have about your right to recover overtime wages and additional damages.